Friday, July 13, 2007

a bit distracted

It's a good thing that I don't have a lot to do at work this morning because my brain has much more important things to think about.

As I type this my dad is in surgery. He went in at 7:30am and I probably won't hear anything from my sister until about noon. So, I'm left here to twiddle my thumbs and hope for the best as I wait for that phone to ring.

Everyone keeps saying he will be fine and I'm sure he will but it's surgery so anything can happen. When I talked to him yesterday he seemed very positive so at least I knew he was going into it thinking like that. I just wish I could be up there. I know I wouldn't really be able to do anything but it would have been nice to see him this morning.

So, say a little prayer or send some good vibes towards the Philly area today, please.


Update 12:09pm:
My sister just called and my dad is out of surgery. Everything went well and there were no new signs of cancer so they gave him a good prognosis. He's in recovery now so I can breathe a little easier. Thanks for your prayers Bri!

5 comments:

  1. prayers and tingly good vibes on their way to philly...

    Keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear he's ok. I've had my fair share of hospitals recently so i know how you feel, it's frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO good to hear. Glad it all went well. Those good prognosises after surgery are so nice to hear, arent they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it! I hope you can relax a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Congrats to you guys and especially your dad. It's been a heck of month for you.

    ReplyDelete