Tuesday, July 10, 2007

life...

Things seem to be slowly getting better in my life lately. I had been really down recently because of some "family" issues but starting Friday, things started to pick up a bit. I say Friday because that's when I received a completely unexpected raise at work and of course that lifted my spirits. David and I went out to celebrate Friday night and it made the rest of the weekend that much more enjoyable.

Then last night I received a phone call that made me so happy I cried. With all this mess that is going on, I was really afraid that the relationship I had with my father would suffer. And that was the last thing I wanted. So, he told me that the weekend I go up to see him it will just be the two of us. Now, to most people they'd probably think so what. But this is a huge deal to me. I can't remember the last time my father and I spent some one on one time together. My stepmother will be visiting her friend at the beach that weekend. We can do whatever we want to do , talk about whatever we want to do, leave dishes in the sink for more than 5 minutes if we want! And most importantly, try and build back that bond between father and daughter. I couldn't be happier. I was really dreading the trip up there last week, especially when I found out that my sister would not in fact be joining me that weekend so that she could be the buffer (something that has become commonplace for us so that the heat won't be directly on one of us). But now, I am ecstatic and I'm actually counting down the days. We can sit on the couch all weekend and watch movies and play board games, I don't care what we do, I have him all to myself and I'm going to take advantage of it!

And through all of this I am realizing how truly incredible my husband is. He's been my rock and I seriously don't know how I would have gotten through the past few weeks without him. So, even though it's been so draining, exhausting and stressful there is some good to come out of it. Our relationship has just gotten stronger and when I stop to think about it, I can't believe I have such an amazing husband. So, thank you David. I love you more than you'll ever know. Thanks for putting up with my wacky family!

3 comments:

  1. OMG Congrats!!! Dave does rock-I'm glad you all have eachother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the time you needed and wanted. I'm glad you also have Dave to help you through. He's a good catch!

    ReplyDelete