Friday, July 27, 2007

It's finally here

Today after work I am driving up to spend the weekend with my dad. By myself. No one else around but the two of us. I can't tell you how excited I am. And actually I'm a little anxious. I'm not sure what to expect and what topics of conversation may come up. But regardless, if things to come out at least he'll know how I feel.

I honestly can't remember the last time that the two of us got together by ourselves. And I told David last night that I'm really going to let this soak in and cherish every moment of it because who knows when/if it will happen again.

Actually, I JUST remembered the last time we had one on one time. I was a freshman in college and he was going to be in London over my spring break (1997). So I went over there and met up with him. However, he was over there for business so I found myself going on many sightseeing trips by myself while he worked. I do however, remember a few days of hanging out with him and we had a blast.

Anyway, at least this time I'll have his full attention. The only plans we have tonight are hanging out in the pool and hot tub. It's just what I need after this crazy week.

Here's to hoping that it doesn't take me 7 hours to do the 170 miles!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

    I'll cross my fingers you can do the drive in 3 hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'll enjoy every moment! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, be safe!

    ReplyDelete