Today is Yoda's 3rd birthday. According to David, he is now legally able to drink. Great.

So, I underslept this morning. I looked at the clock when my alarm went off and for some reason thought there was a 7 as the first number but it turns out that it was really 6. But I didn't realize this until I was almost finished getting ready for work. Grr! I could have slept a whole hour more this morning. What a way to start a Friday! But I made the best of it and took Yoda on a long walk. It was nice to be out there on such a beautiful morning. Very peaceful. So, even though I was angry when I got up, being outside totally calmed me down.
I'm allowed to leave work early today! Yay! The other half of our team is on a retreat today so my manager gave us permission to head out early because there's no work coming in. So, we can leave whenever we want. Problem is, when do I leave? I hate being the first one to go. So, I may stick it out until lunch and see what happens. But damn, I really want to go now!
Tonight, David and I are going out to dinner. Date night again! We are celebrating his new position at work. A higher up tracked him down and offered him a job. He had heard about him through other people and wanted David on his team. It's still the same job title but he will be handling different tasks and will be working for a much better boss. Oh and the best part, he'll be able to move up in grades faster. Whoo hoo. It's great to see that he's getting the recognition he deserves. I'm so proud of him.
Not much going on this weekend. I hope the rain doesn't come back because I really REALLY want this damn deck to be completed already! I'm so sick of staring at the frame of it, just want it done. He was supposed to come during the week to finish it but surprise, no word from him. Grr! And the saga continues...
Congrats Dave!!!
ReplyDelete