Tuesday, May 30, 2006

back to the real world...

This past weekend was awesome. Ran around like a chicken without a head on Friday and Saturday morning but it was worth it. We had a bunch of people show up on Saturday and the party basically lasted 12 hours. Lots of grilling and drinking and pretty much just having a good time. I can't believe that I didn't have my camera with me at all. So, I had to go bug people for some photos today (thanks Allison!)

Jen and Jaime hanging out.

Me and Carol

The boys, and Gracie, singing Piano Man.

Yoda even made a new friend.


The rest of the weekend was spent recovering. I did nothing for most of Sunday except take care of David (whose been sick for almost a week now) and watch a few movies that we picked up from Blockbuster. And then on Monday, I cleaned up the party mess, made sure David had all the tissues and Dayquil he needed and plopped myself on the couch. It was so wonderful to just do absolutely nothing for a while and not feel guilty about it at all!

Now of course, it's back to the real world. Oh, how I didn't want to get out of bed today and come to work. Boo!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a blast. I'm glad the new deck held up to the abuse! We wish we could've made it - maybe for the next party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, did you notice the belly on Gracie in that picture!?!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BYW: That pic is not very representative of my time at your house this weekend----WHY am I holding a Lemonade and not a Pina Colada!?!?!?!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Gracie's belly is the reason I posted that pic :)

    Hmm, yeah...when were you drinking anything non-alcoholic? Blame that photo on Allison!

    ReplyDelete