Thursday, August 02, 2007

A new look!

As you can see, I was bored yesterday. I totally re-hauled this blog. It took me the better part of the day to get the placements and colors that I wanted but I'm happy with it. It's much cleaner looking now. What do you think?

So, last night went well. There were only 3 of us doing the chores for the night shift. Feeding the horses, filling water back up, giving meds and just generally making sure that everyone was ok. We were also able to check out the burned out barn and it was devistating. I still can't believe all the horses made it out of there ok. I learned last night that they think the reason one of the horses needed stitches was because he was the one who pushed open the gate so that they all could escape to one of the furthest pastures. Incredible.

I met some great people last night and I can't wait to go back to help like this on a regular basis. It was such a stress reliever too. I forgot how comfortable I am around horses and how I've missed it. And I totally didn't mind that I came home covered in dirt!

3 comments:

  1. My grandmother would be so proud of you. She volunteers with an organization like this - she loves it. I think she's just happier being around horses - (she does something similar with rescued dogs). It's keeping her young and has completely revitalized her outlook on life. It sounds like you're getting the same kind of charge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh nice adn sun shiney! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic on your header. Well, I like all your pictures :) SO much so that I decorate my house with them!!!!

    ReplyDelete