Thursday, August 30, 2007

get a job!

That's what David tells Yoda every time he has to go to the vet. This morning was no exception. Yep, a trip to the vet was how I spent the early part of the day.

Yoda started showing signs last night that his right ear was bothering him. I decided to see how it was this morning before doing anything about it though. I figured that maybe it could work itself out. Nope, I came down this morning and there he was, shaking his head,trying to free anything that might be inside.

So, off to the vet we went. The good news is that it wasn't an ear infection. But she did think it was allergies. So, we left with ear drops and a bill of over $100. Fantastic.

When I got home I had to give him the drops. Seriously I can't WAIT to do that twice a day until it gets better. See, he's had numerous eye problems and we've had to administer drops dozens of times. Which he hated. So, he remembers what the bottle looks like and runs in the opposite direction. That's what happened today. He really thought they were going in his eyes so I had to fight him to get those in. Even after I put them in his ear he got up and proceeded to bark what I can only imagine was obscenities to me for a while.

Only a few short hours until I get to do that all over again :)

2 comments:

  1. Yoda might be THE best practice kid ever. I think if you had an easier dog to deal with you wouldn't be as well prepared. Yoda has you totally ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready for what?!?!? ANOTHER PUG!!!!!

    ??


    :)

    ReplyDelete