Thursday, August 09, 2007

what's next!?

So, this week hasn't been the smoothest one for me. Driving to work this morning I was actually smiling because this is the last work day of the week for me. Whoo hoo, just a few short hours until the weekend.

Then it happened. The guy in front of me was changing lanes and as I was continuing forward, a 4x4 block of wood appeared before me. No time to swerve and even if I did I probably would have endangered myself and the guy in the other lane. So, I braced myself and ran over the 4x4. Yep, right over the damn thing. I had no choice. When it hit, the car made such an awful noise and I honestly was a little scared to keep driving. But I was 2 minutes from work so I pressed on. When I parked I said a little prayer and got out and inspected the damage. My first thought was "well, at least the tire isn't flat!". Then I saw it. A bubble. Yep, a bubble on the side of the tire.

The first thing I did when I started up my computer this morning was go to google. Yep, there it was. 'Sorry, but you need to get the tire replaced ASAP!' Fabulous! It's not like we have to leave in 9 hours to go on a 4 hour car trip. What perfect timing!

Oh, one more twig for the fire...I checked out our road hazard warranty and it looks as though we JUST missed the cut off for mileage. Of course we did! However, this isn't confirmed yet so I'm still holding out hope that we won't have to shell out about $130.

What a great way to start a Thursday! :)

2 comments:

  1. To make you feel better - my sister hit a toolbox the other day and took out her radiator. Her rationale was she thought she could "clear" it. She had time to swerve but didn't think it was necessary. Eeesh. Then again - she also while following her husband (who was driving a huge moving truck) she ran head on into the trailer towing their other car and wrecked both cars. In Indianapolis. 10 hours from their destination. In the rain. At midnight.

    So if those stories don't make you feel better I'll try to think of some more good ones :)

    ReplyDelete