In the meantime, here are some examples:

Truth is, I would really like to see if I could sell some of my work. There are a couple of things holding me back though. Is it really good and how do I go about doing it? Sometimes I think some of my work is pretty good and then days later I look back and think "good lord that sucks!". I need to get over that and just jump in with both feet and see what happens.However, that's a very scary step. I mean, I went to school for photography and the reason I didn't shoot anything for about 3 years after I graduated was because of the hellish critiques I would get. There was one professor who actually said that maybe photography wasn't for me. It crushed me, for a LONG time. The last thing you want to hear from a professor is that they don't believe you have what it takes.
Anyway, that's where I am right now. Teetering on the edge, not sure of whether I'm brave enough to jump.
Jump, or I think I can speak for those of us around here...we'll push you :) SEriously L, you are SO talented. But mostly, just make sure you do it b/c you enjoy it-not b/c of what anyone else says. And remind that old prof. that art is appreciated differently by all, there is no right and wrong...except to say he was wr-ong. :) Plus, I'd SO buy from you!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Allison - do this for YOU. Not anyone else. You take pictures because it makes you happy. That comes through in your pictures. You don't take them to sell them. No one wants to buy something created for profit. It's those moments that are captured just because that bring out the wallets :)
ReplyDeleteJump GF! There's no reason not to.
Thanks girls! Trust me, if I've learned anything from college is that I now photograph for me and no one else. It's my release so if it ever became something that I felt like I "needed" to do I'd stop.
ReplyDeleteThat's kind of why I want to take my time with this. See what I happen to take photos of and then start putting together things to sell.
I appreciate the support :)
Start a side business taking pictures of babies. That HAS to be a lucrative market in your area. Go to people's homes, bring back drops, props, etc. You have an amazingly artistic eye. Your pictures are top notch, and I would certainly hang one in my home with pride.
ReplyDeleteSo, when can you come and photograph us as a family? :-) I hate going to studios for family portraits. They always feel so cheesy.
I think your pictures rock!!!! College turned me off from photography for a while too.
ReplyDelete