Wednesday, August 22, 2007

just a little reminiscing

I was watching 'The Wonder Years' last night in bed and it was one of my favorite episodes. Kevin and his family went up to the lake during the summer and Kevin met a girl. He spent most of his nights with her and then he had to go home and never saw her again.

That episode always makes me think back to the summers I spent as a teen. I turned to David and asked him if he ever had any of those summer flings and he said no. It's too bad because the 'flings' that I had as a kid are some of the best memories I have of my teen years.

Grant it, nothing major happened with those 2 boys when I was 15 and 16 (well except my first kiss) but it still was so much fun to have people to hang out with besides family on those vacations. And it really made for some great memories to look back on. I'll never forget those summers in Michigan and the Outer Banks.

So, tell me...do you have memories like this? Those innocent teen years where you met new people and had not a care in the world and summers seemed endless?

5 comments:

  1. My FAVORITE summer story - Fred Savage kissed me (albeit on the cheek) when I was at a frat party at Stanford.

    Swoon. I was 16. But told him I was 18.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I met a cute boy last summer named Dennis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri - That's hysterical! I can picture it now "I'm never going to wash this cheek again!"

    Sarah - You cheated! You didn't play by the rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok fine, I did meet a boy at camp when I was 11 or so, it wasn't anything amazing but the story does "go along with the rules!"

    ReplyDelete