I moved into my new cubicle today. I was so excited to come into work this morning and start fresh. I could rearrange all my stuff and I am thrilled that I now have access to sunlight so I can bring a few plants in.
My excitement quickly dwindled when I found the pigsty that is my new living quarters during business hours. Coffee stains all over the desk, a Kerry/Edwards poster shoved in the corner, popcorn seeds and crumbs on the floor, and my favorite; a container of sauce let all of its goo out onto the cables underneath my desk.
I was so livid this morning that the person had left their place like this. Before I went home on Thursday I made sure that I left my old workstation the way I found it. The thing that sucks is that I know who did this. The person is on my team but I'm too chickenshit to say anything to her. David suggested that I give all of this stuff back to her. But no, I just put all the trash in the trash can and borrowed MANY of those cleaning wipes from a coworker and cleaned the hell out of this place.
I've hung up some of my things, put a few plants around me and plugged in my lamps and this place is slowly starting to feel like normal again.
Now if I could only get a vacuum in here!
A Kerry/Edwards poster!!! ARGH! :) I have a little Dustbuster if you need to borrow it for the office!!! I think I have used it twice so I wont miss it!
ReplyDeleteGood lord - people are so considerate. Sorry you have to deal with that.
ReplyDelete