Wednesday, September 06, 2006

mmm cookies!

So, I've been Suzie Homemaker tonight. I made tasty breaded chicken for dinner and I went hunting through cookbooks to make something yummy for dessert, finally deciding on the old favorite, chocolate chip cookies. The final tray is cooking as I type and the house smells sooo good!

This is quite a change from how I was earlier in the day. My back flared up again (I sound like an elderly person) so I worked from home today and laid on the couch with a heating pad and the laptop on my lap.

Luckily, I took a Percocet in the afternoon and although I took an unexpected nap for 25 minutes it actually helped a lot and didn't make me too loopy, like Monday. So, I got antsy when David got home and had a lot of energy, so I cooked and baked.

And honestly, if I looked through those cookbooks again right now and found something to make I would head right into the kitchen again! But instead, I think I'll just grab a few cookies and a glass of milk and watch 'Elf'.

2 comments:

  1. I've been getting into cooking lately too---strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried making breaded chicken - it was a complete disaster. You'll have to post your recipe so I can try.

    ReplyDelete