Thursday, March 09, 2006

wedding freakout

I'm starting to freak out a little bit with wedding planning. I was on theknot.com today looking over other December brides' to do lists. I'm finding that I'm a little behind. If it was anywhere else but the NYC/NJ area I would be ahead of schedule with planning but that area is crazy. You have to book everything at least 3 months earlier than you normally would. Oh, and I don't even want to get started on prices. Everything is so much more expensive up there. It's nearly impossible to stick within budget. Luckily, today I'm not that busy at work so I am researching limos, DJ's and someone to do hair and makeup. It's completely overwhelming. It's so hard to do this long distance. You have to plan to meet so far in advance because it's a 3 hour drive up there and it's not like we want to do that all in one day. So, it ends up being a weekend trip.

We are already going up there on the 25th to meet with the priest and a potential photographer. I highly doubt we can fit anything else in because that weekend we are also going to my grandmother's house to pick up my grandfather's car that she let David and I have. Whew...busy busy! I just want to get the big things out of the way so I can concentrate on the smaller, detailed things. I do not want to become a bridezilla and I really don't think I will. I just want things to be booked. Once the DJ and limo are booked I think I'll feel a whole lot better. Just want to get those necessities out of the way.

I am also starting to get serious about making the favors and centerpieces. I already have some ornaments made and 20 of them are 2 days away from being completed (it's a 5 step process). Only 200 more to go! :)

Here's a photo:




I think they look better in person, but you get the idea.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. I hardly ever talk about wedding planning and I think I just reached that point where if I didn't talk about it I would explode :)

4 comments:

  1. They look wonderful! Hang in there, and remember to recruit people to help when needed. You don't have to tackle it all on your own. It's going to be beautiful Lina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lina---let me know what I can help with! Dont worry about all the other brides and their to-do lists! You will get it all done and it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lina---let me know what I can help with! Dont worry about all the other brides and their to-do lists! You will get it all done and it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Yeah, I know it will get done but sometimes it just feels so overwhelming! I can't wait until December 3rd :)

    ReplyDelete