It's been a while since I've been on here...sorry about that. I was just completely swamped at work yesterday. That always seems to be the case the day after an awards show.
My weekend was pretty good. Incredibly busy, but good. Once again, David had an agenda, made up a list and everything! Saturday was spend running around all over the place, including getting both cars fixed. The second one was not planned but the battery was dying so David asked the guy for the cheapest battery he had with no warranty. I wish I could have seen the look on the guy's face. But there's no point in throwing a ton of money into Princess Consuela Banana Hammock. Yep, that's my name for our crappy Sentra. Fans of the show 'Friends' will know where that name came from. So, all in all on Saturday we went to the Acura dealership, Lowes, Dunkin Donuts, the mall, BJ's, Target, Best Buy and Sears. Whew, I think that's it. And after all of that, we went out to dinner with friends. We actually went out to dinner with friends twice this past weekend. It was really nice to be able to hang out and catch up and get the hell out of the house!
Sunday was spent at home attacking the basement. Well, David attacked the basement. I mostly found excuses to do other things :) I must say though, David had a ton of energy to clean the house this weekend. I have no idea what came over him but I loved every minute of it! He threw out a lot of his stuff from college that he had just been hanging onto for no reason. I think I'll get that pack rat out of him completely someday!
Oh, and while we were in the basement we let Yoda have free reign of the backyard. We never let him out there by himself because who knows what he will get into, but we left the door open and gave him a few toys and he was happy as can be. We sat out there and just watched him for a while. I'll have to post some pictures once I get the photos off the card. He is just so damn cute!
Anyway, the house is coming together nicely...finally! And the next step is getting a deck built! But that's a whole different story...I'll update when we get the estimate...the NEW estimate I should say :)
Whoo hoo new post!!!! I do not know why I have been so crazy trying to clean the house - just in that cleaning mode - don't worry I do not have a long list this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteYes this pst weekend was busy - but we got internet phone!!!! :)
Getting things accomplished in the house always feels so rewarding! Of course dinner with friends is always wonderful too. Sorry to hear about the cars though!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you find a good deck guy. Bill swears that he is going to pull up sme of the old boards this summer. I will believe when I see it!!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete