Wednesday, March 29, 2006

just a vent

I was just out at AC Moore and I was standing in line waiting to pay. This woman comes up to stand behind me and is literally 3 inches from me. So, I moved up just a little bit and she moves too! Ughhh, don't people understand the meaning of personal space? I must have inched forward about 3 times, and each time she went with me. If I had moved backwards in the slightest I would have been on top of her. I don't understand what is wrong with people. Why must you stand so close? It's not like someone is going to cut in front of you. I really wanted to say something to her but chickened out. I should have backed up and stepped on her toe. But no, I'm too nice of a person. At least that's what I tell myself.

5 comments:

  1. LOL - I was in line at the grocery store the other day and the person in front of me was bum rushing the person in front of them...The lady that was being bum rushed looked at me with the most exasperated look! I gave her my best commiserating smile. Then she did the funniest thing I have ever seen. She turned around and made a zerbert (fart-like noise) and sure enough the space invader backed off! You can always use the fake fart technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'll have to remember that next time! Too funny!

    Great to hear from you Bri, how's Ashley?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! We're good - she's huge! A real 'kid' now. It seems like she just bypassed the baby stage. You can check her out at www.ourbabynews.com/sites/babybrodeur pw= our last name. I hear you guys are going to be in NJ when we're in VA in April. Maybe we can meet up for lunch that week (I think we have a lunch set up with Kris and Jen for Thurs the 27th that we could get to see you guys at too)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girls! I am back from Nashville---SO MUCH FUN but my legs hurt. Check out the story on my blog--so funny!

    Next time you are in a line like that, make sure you are wearing stiletto heels and then step on her foot! She wont make that mistake again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have totally stepped on the woman.

    But everybody knows you're way nicer than I am... ;-)

    - kb

    ReplyDelete