Friday, March 17, 2006

He's still got it!

Billy Joel was awesome last night. The first part of the concert was a little slow but once he got going it was great. Here's a little taste of what was played :

Angry Young Man
Downeaster Alexa
Captain Jack
The Entertainer
Everybody Loves you Now
New York State of Mind
Only the Good Die Young
Zanzibar
I Go to Extremes
Movin Out
My Life
She's Always a Woman
An Innocent Man
You May Be Right
Keeping the Faith
Allentown
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
Big Shot
Pressure
Goodnight Saigon (was accompanied by members of the Armed Forces in the background, everyone gave them a standing ovation)
We Didn't Start the Fire
The River of Dreams
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
Piano Man

Ok I guess it's more than just a little taste! I think I listed most of the ones he played. There were only 2 songs that I could have done without. That's pretty good! He closed with Piano Man (shocker!). Everyone sang along and it was just a great moment. It was such a great night. Even though we had nosebleed seats :)

Anyway, I'm so tired right now! I originally had taken a comp day today so I could sleep in but we are going to meet Olivia in April. So I switched it to that day, since I don't have a lot of vacation time to play with this year (it's basically all being used for the wedding and honeymoon). I'm not as young as I used to be. 6 hours of sleep used to be a lot for me. Now I can barely function.

Such is life.

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOO jealous----I said that yesterday but I am saying it again! He is coming again in April and I am trying to convince everyone I know to buy me tickets for my bday!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nosebleed seats were $90...crazy!

    Don't look to me to buy you tickets ;) hehe!

    ReplyDelete