Monday, May 07, 2007

yet another crazy weekend

This past weekend was an extremely busy one for us. Friday morning I attended a volunteer event organized by work and it just happened to be at the same place I have been interested in volunteering on a regular basis. I am now even more convinced that I would love to be a part of this incredible organization. I'm sure I'll be talking about this place more in the future when I finally go through the training and get over there about once a week.

After I finished cleaning a TON of tack on Friday, David and I started our 7 hour journey to Rochester. It wasn't too bad and when we got there we were greeted by friends, which made the trip worth it. We hardly get to see them so it was great that they let us invade their apartment for the weekend to have a few laughs and catch up.

Saturday we attended David's fraternity's formal. Every year we go I feel older and older. I mean, what do I have in common with an 18 year old? Just typing that made me feel like I should be sitting at home in a recliner with a blanket on my lap doing needlepoint!

Anyway, at first I really wanted to get the hell out of there but at some point it began to get fun and we stayed there until 1am.

Here are some pics from the festivities:
The traditional family photo



Fraternity boys being silly


The "old" table


I'll give you one guess, who had more to drink?


"Dale, did you bring your drink in the car?" "uhh, no?"



So there you have it...the weekend definitely took it's toll and I was so happy when I got home last night. And it's true what they say, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed!

4 comments:

  1. Yes - was a little weird being the oldest guy at the bar Friday night and then 4th oldest brother at formal.

    Seeing the little 18 years old running around made feel old - can't imagine what it does to Dale.

    But did have a good time and got to see friends that I/we don't get to see a lot of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the drink in the car is the best picture :P

    Hilarious - glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri, I can't believe I didn't snap even one picture while we were with you guys! :(

    And can you believe we stayed until 1am! I totally thought we'd be out of there at 11 at the latest :)

    ReplyDelete