Friday, May 11, 2007

Spring!

Have I mentioned how much I love spring? I love that everyday you walk outside things seemed to have changed. Trees have fuller leaves , flowers are more in bloom and more birds are chirping. Ok, too sappy? It's true though.

Anyway, the flowers in my backyard are really starting to pop and I love going out there everyday to see how things are progressing. And to tell you the truth I'm really proud of myself for putting together a whole garden by myself and having most of the plants live year to year. Also, the azalea bush I planted over 2 years ago seems to finally be thriving. Patting myself on the back because when we lived in the apartment it really seemed like I couldn't keep anything alive. But it turns out that I do have a green thumb after all!

Some pics:







Of course I had to throw in a Yoda pic for good measure :)

5 comments:

  1. So really, when are you coming over to make my plants thrive?!

    My thumb is black....though I really want to find a green one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've killed every azalea I've purchased so the fact that yours is not only green but blooming!?!? HUGE high five! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supermom, seriously, name the time and I'll be there to help :)

    Bri, EVERYONE I talked to after I bought the azalea kind of gave me that "you're totally going to kill it" look. So I prayed everyday I went out there for the first couple of months that it would still be alive. And here we are years later and I must have done something right! I say it's all luck though :)

    ReplyDelete