Monday, May 14, 2007

"Best present ever"

Those words must have come out of my mom's mouth about 15 times this weekend. Surprising her by coming up for Mother's Day was a fantastic idea. Seeing her face as I pulled up in the driveway was priceless. It went from "who the hell is that" to "oh my god, oh my god!!" She was so touched that I made the trip up for Mother's Day.

It really was a great 2 days. I was able to see my mom, grandmother, sister and uncle. We spent the weekend going to nurseries, picking out flowers, singing in the car to Wham (don't ask!), taking a trip out to D.airy Queen, planting flowers, watching a movie, going to the driving range and finally capping it off with a fantastic barbeque on Sunday afternoon in my mom's gorgeous backyard. Not too shabby!

I always love going up to see my mom. There is a comfort like no other being surrounded by her and the house I grew up in. Everytime I go there I get the best sleep ever. It's like every stress in my head disappears for a little while.

My mom and I are best friends and it hurts that I don't see her more often. I get so jealous of people who have their mom's close by and can call them up and meet with them on a weekday or just stop by their house to say hi whenever they want. There's nothing like a good fix of mom. Whenever we are together we have a great time and usually something bizarre happens and we wind up laughing our asses off. She and I understand each other and sometimes no words need to be spoken to get across how we are feeling. I keep trying to convince her to move closer!

So, I hope everyone out there was able to celebrate with their mom yesterday in one way or another. Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the mom's I know out there!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend. Mothers Day was fabulous----I took a nap in the middle of the day and no one bothered me for 3 hours!!! Unheard of!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally un-top-able - Excellent gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best gift ever is right!

    I wish you could see your mom more. It sounds like you two have a wonderful relationship.

    ReplyDelete