Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My biggest blonde moment of all time?

So, I was driving home from work and I remembered that David had asked me to get the car washed sometime this week. So, no biggie, I went to the Shell by our house that has one of those automatic car wash things. We had printed out the code this weekend so I drove right up and there was no wait, sweet! So, bla bla bla, I get the car washed...as I'm driving home I noticed in my mirror that I could see the antenna. What?! It was completely bent backwards. Space cadet that I am forgot to turn the radio off so the antenna would go down while the car was being washed. Every other time I've adhered to the "we are not responsible for any damages to your car" sign and put the damn thing down.

When I saw it my first thought was "David is going to kill me!" This car is his baby. So, I bent it back up and came in the house. First, I called Acura to make an appointment, the stupid car needs to go in anyway. And I called David. Actually, I texted him and he called me back, right away. He was laughing. Thank god. Luckily it probably will be an easy (aka cheap) fix. The motor still works so hopefully it's just the casing that needs to be replaced.

But seriously, this is the last thing I need. I feel like absolute crap and just wanted to come home and sleep. Now I get to sit at the dealership for over an hour. I deserve it though, there is no excuse for the rediculous move I just pulled.

**Update**

busted antenna = 2 and half hours in a waiting room and $130!

4 comments:

  1. Doh! I don't think I would've been brave enough to call Ken about it, I would've waited till he came home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I wouldnt of even mentioned it. Get it fixed and that would be the end of it!!! HAHAHA! It is funny though! And I always wondered what would happen if I didnt follow the directions on the signs....now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me ladies...I was seriously considering getting it fixed without even mentioning it to him, but guilt took over and I had to make the call. If it had been me destroying the front fender I may have considered packing up and leaving instead of breaking the news to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriusly though...2 and a half hours! That's a bit much!

    ReplyDelete