Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Busy weekend ahead...

This is honestly what I feel like doing at this very moment.

I am getting so burned out at work from this project that has grown into a monster. I'm tired of e-mailing, calling and IMing co-workers about tiny details that should have been figured out weeks ago. I'm tired of filling in incomplete spreadsheets. I'm tired of waiting on outside vendors to provide content that I need to tweak. Long story short, I'm tired.

I hate that feeling of knowing that if you continue on a certain path you will inevitably crash and burn. I think I'm about a day away from having that kind of breakdown. Luckily, after tomorrow I have 5 days to try and relax and get my body back to normal. Hopefully I'll be able to do that. Because I can already feel myself shutting down.

It'll all be worth it in the end when I get to see the finished product at the end of July. It's such a monstrous project and I'm very proud of myself that I've been able to keep thousands of components organized. This is by far the biggest assignment I’ve had to handle on my own. So, here I am, patting myself on the back.

Anyway, I wanted to pop in one last time before the weekend. We are leaving tomorrow night for our weekend of weddings. Coach and Karen have been so kind and are dog sitting for us on Friday until Saturday morning. Yoda is going to have a blast with Jackson. They are so adorable together.


On Saturday, we will head over to the second wedding with Coach and Karen. Then spend the night there and enjoy a party at their place on Sunday. Can’t wait! I’ll finally be able to chill out and relax. And hopefully we will make the drive back on Monday so that we can make it for some of the festivities over at Supermom's place on Tuesday. Afterall, you can’t break tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment