This weekend was great. Friday, David and I got some much needed Daquiri Ice from Baskin Robbins and then went out to see 'The Break-Up' with friends. The movie was ok. It was entertaining and cute but you definitely don't need to see it on a big screen. But it was a good night out so I didn't mind.
On Saturday, David and I headed out to Baltimore, completely decked out in all of our Yankees garb for the Orioles/Yankees game. And honestly, you would have thought we were in NY. I could barely see any O's fans and in the stadium all you would hear were Yankees chants. Towards the end of the game, the whole stadium had taken over chanting "Let's go Yankees". It must have been quite embarassing to be an O's fan at that point. Too funny. The game was great and it was a perfect day for it. Lately it's been in the 90's and so incredibly humid but Saturday it was around 70. One of those days that you don't want to end.
Sunday I took David to the airport. He's in Texas until Thursday for some conferences. So, I took advantage of the day and went and bought some plants for the deck and some mulch for the back garden. I even had a helper:

I'm definitely enjoying the time by myself. However, one or 2 days would have been enough. I already seem to be counting down the days until David comes back. But I will take advantage of this time and get some things done around the house, hang out with friends and maybe do a little more shopping :)
Wanna come to my house and plant some flowers?! Oh wait, we would have to dig through the 30 years of weeds and dead bushes first AND I will beed to get permission from my FABULOUS bro-in-law before we do anything! :)
ReplyDeleteGarden looks great. You are inspring me!!!