Tuesday, June 15, 2010

back on that horse...errr bike!


It's almost embarrassing how long it's been since I've posted. But what's more upsetting is that I haven't posted because I haven't been doing very well with getting myself healthier lately.

My husband has lost an incredible 75 pounds and here I am, still fat. Why couldn't I muster up the motivation and will power like he has? If I lost as much as he did I would be past my goal weight. It's depressing.

But I'm not here to wallow in it. Although it's depressing that while he lost all that weight I maintained, it's also inspirational. He lost all of that weight in less than a year! Maybe next year I can be a success story, too. I just need to get my act together and stop using so many excuses.

I don't NEED to have that Coke...I don't NEED to eat that muffin. I NEED to exercise. Exercise, exercise, exercise. When I've done that in the past I haven't craved the bad stuff, the only thing I craved was more exercise.

Which brings me to now. This past weekend I hopped back on my bike that I bought about 3 years ago. I rode 3 times in 3 days. My ride on Sunday was 6.5 miles and I felt great. So, here I am, taking a page from my husband's weight loss book. I'm doing something about this.

There are many things in my life that I can't control. I need to realize that this is one of the things I can control. I can control how much I exercise and I can control how much and what kinds of food I put in my mouth.

Here's to a new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment