Wednesday, June 16, 2010
'A goal without a plan is just a wish.'
This is day 1 of my new training program.
With the help of the best husband in the world I now have a plan in place for the next few months that includes cycling, cross training and weight training. We found a bike festival that's taking place in September and I want to be able to participate.
The training program lets you enter in the date of the biking event and how many miles it is and it tells you how to train for it, breaking it down by day with one rest day per week (eek! only one?!) However, when I did that it told me that this Saturday I would need to bike 12 miles. Now, last weekend I did 6.5 so I don't want to jump to 12 and then burn myself out.
So, I tweaked the training program. Now I'm training for a fake event in October but the first week is much more manageable at 7.7 miles on the bike. If I'm not ready for September I'm not ready for September. The point of this is to lose weight, get me back into shape and keep me there.
So, here I go. I'm so ridiculously excited it's not even funny. Tonight is 20 minutes of cross-training and that's a breeze. I think I'm more motivated than ever because now I'm training to be good at an activity that both David and I can enjoy together and that's an awesome feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment