Friday, June 25, 2010

8 miles!

Yep, 8 miles DONE!

I won't lie, as I was getting dressed last night I was still debating whether or not to go but I decided worst case scenario I turn back if it's too hilly or too hot.

The ride was challenging but great. After the first 4 miles I hopped off the bike and stretched my muscles a bit and I'm convinced that helped me finish the last 4 miles home. Again, there were moments where I was barely moving but those hills were tough!

Every once in a while I would get self-conscious about riding on that trail because a LOT of cars would pass but once I got into a groove those blinders went on and I didn't care anymore if everyone saw my fat giggling and me panting. I did learn a very valuable bike riding lesson though, do NOT keep your mouth open unless you have to. I wound up getting some protein on my ride from a very large bug. Not pleasant!

All in all though it was a success and when I got home I smiled. David asked how it went and I said "kinda feel like I'm gonna pass out but since I haven't yet I'd say I'm pretty proud of myself".

So, my next ride is tomorrow and I plan on doing 8 miles again (if not more). But this time it will be on the W&OD and won't be nearly as hilly so I don't expect any problems. I am a little nervous though because it's my first time on the trail and I know a lot of serious cyclists and runners use it...I hate being the newbie. Once I get over that I'm sure I'll be fine though. I can't wait!

On another note, my leg is looking all sorts of colorful today from that stupid fall earlier this week!


Pretty huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment