Wednesday, June 23, 2010

no pain, no gain

I was none too thrilled to bike yesterday because I was hungry and it was sooo hot outside. But I sucked it up and managed to get a 3.5 mile ride in.

It probably would have been longer if it weren't for 4 factors:

     1) it was hot and humid (code orange air quality)
     2) the route I chose was mostly uphill
     3) it started to downpour and thunder
     4) the pièce de résistance... I made a fool out of myself by falling off my bike while trying to get from the sidewalk to grass, which left me in a great deal of pain.

Seriously, did I JUST learn how to ride a bike? Looking back on it I feel so stupid. How does one fall while doing that? Leave it to me to find a way. To be honest though, I'm surprised it took me this long to fall. I expected this to happen in the very beginning.

So, today I'm sporting some pretty big lumps on my leg from the bike frame and the pedal smashing into me. I'm sure these will turn into beautiful, colorful bruises within the next few days.

But the good news in all of this is that my weigh in was today and based off of what I weighed last week (no official weigh in) I lost 2.4 pounds! Yay me :)

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go! I read this but must have missed that last line...stupid job ;)

    ReplyDelete