Thursday, June 24, 2010

hearing voices

Yesterday I came home from work and was so tired and cranky and just spent from a hard day at work and the awful commute home. The last thing I wanted to do was workout but that's the old me trying to sabotage the new me. So, I tried my best to ignore the voice that was saying "come on, just lay down, look at that nice big king bed, it's so inviting, just crawl in it for a few minutes". I almost succumbed to that voice but before that happened I called David into the room and explained that I needed him to be my cheerleader and convince me to get changed and let Jillian Michaels beat the crap out of me for 25 minutes. His convincing worked and even though it took another 20 minutes for me to get changed (I'm a procrastinator extraordinaire!) and get my butt to the basement I did it.

This was the first time in a long time that I've put this DVD in and it showed. My arms were killing me in the first circuit, the first damn one! I was so disappointed that I let my arms get that out of shape but I pressed on. I got to the ab part of the workout and screamed out in pain, but kept going. This is nothing new though, every time I do this workout I scream during the ab portion. And as I sit here today I can feel that they were worked properly! Along with my legs, every time I get up today I walk a little funny for the first few seconds. But this is good!

Anyway, I'm just proud of myself for working out despite that little devil on my shoulder trying to talk me out of it.

Moving on to today...I have an ambitious goal ahead of me. An 8 mile bike ride. I'm still not convinced that today is the day to do it though. And that's not the devil talking.

1) it's 95 degrees today but feels like it's over 100 degrees.
2) David won't be home until late so that means if anything goes wrong, he's not just a car ride away.

Plus this is my longest bike ride that I've attempted yet. Remember the last time I rode? I still have bruises. So, I'm still trying to decide what to do. If I don't go for a bike ride that doesn't mean I won't be exercising though. I'll just hop on the elliptical machine for a half hour or so. What to do, what to do!?

2 comments:

  1. Lord knows I want you to be successful, but I will tell you that on the radio this morning they said not to work out until after 6pm today b/c of the heat/humidity if you're outside. I probably wouldn't consider it until at least 7pm, but I know that's getting late. Just be careful.
    How long wil the ride be do you think? Maybe go out aroudn 7:30ish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I actually posted this yesterday so I did the ride last night :)

    I went out at 7pm so it wasn't bad at all, today is actually much better but no ride for me today, today I concentrate on strength training, indoors, yay!

    I was actually just about to post about my ride yesterday...

    ReplyDelete