Wednesday, September 19, 2007

new addition to the family

Our family will most likely (hopefully) be expanding soon. Not in that way! Gotcha ;)

David and I have been wanting to get a second pug for a while now. Well, actually it was me that was stopping us until I came across the cutest little thing ever on a pug rescue site. We talked it over and decided to submit an application. Not just any application either. These people are serious about who they place their pugs with. And rightfully so. Most of these pups have had horrible lives and they want to make sure that where ever they place them they will be there forever and be loved unconditionally. The application was 7 pages. Filled with important multiple choice questions and about 4 or 5 essay questions. After 2 weeks of waiting we found out yesterday that our application was approved. Apparently only about 15% of applications get through that first hurdle.

So, now we are currently waiting on a phone call for an interview, our references to be contacted and hopefully that will then lead to a home visit. All this will help them figure out which pug would be right for us, if any. We have our eyes on one in particular and are really hoping that we get him but we will be happy with any pug that is a match for us. Just to know that we can save a pug from a horrible life or being euthanized at a shelter that can no longer wait for someone to adopt him is reward enough.

And we just can't wait to see how Yoda reacts to having a full time playmate his own size!

So, keep your fingers crossed for us :)

Part of me is hesitating in posting this pic of him but I just can't help it, I must share how cute he is!

8 comments:

  1. You totally got me all excited when I read the title!! :)

    Another pug?!?! SO adorable. My fingers are crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I knew I'd get you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next dog search will be for my purse dog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Good luck to you guys!

    I have to admit, just like J, my heart skipped a beat with a whole lot of excitement! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is this Darth??? :P

    Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny you should mention that Bri, we've actually considered renaming him Vader ;)

    Yes, we are THOSE people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darth or Vader would be the cutest name!!! Cheesy but who cares...its your dog..you can be cheesy if you want to!

    ReplyDelete