Today, after work, we are on our way to Gettysburg. I can't wait. A weekend away from the routine of life. Just what we need.
We've both wanted to go to Gettysburg for a while now and it's not even 2 hours away from us so off we go. David was kind enough to drive me into work today so that we can leave straight from here after work. That should get us into Gettysburg before 6pm. Plenty of time to walk around, find somewhere to have dinner and relax before our busy day tomorrow.
I really want to soak in as much Civil War history as we can so Saturday should prove to be an exhausting day. The battlefield, cemeteries, historic houses and of course the ghost tour are on our list of things to do. It won't all be running around though, we will definitely take in some time to just sit back and relax. If we can't fit in everything we want we aren't worried. We just want to have a great weekend together. The weather is supposed to be perfect too and I'm hoping the leaves are in the early stages of changing color.
I'm really looking forward to wandering around with my camera this weekend. It'll be nice to get out and shoot again. There is so much to photograph so I'm pretty sure the card will be filled with images by Sunday evening.
And I'll be sure to share a few photos and stories when we get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment