Friday, June 29, 2007

I'll have a G.uinness!

Life is so interesting. I'm still dealing with the issue that I wrote about below. E-mails are being sent back and forth and I'm looking forward to a face to face meeting to hash out what's been going on. But enough about that. I've spent WAY too much time this week thinking about it.

On to better news. I actually uttered these words at work yesterday "I'll have a G.uinness". Yep, yesterday was the first of what is to be many happy hours in the auditorium at my job. My coworker and I stopped by really quick on our way back from a meeting. We grabbed 2 beers and then headed back up to our row of cubicles to have a meeting with our manager. Yep, a meeting while drinking beer. I'm not going to lie, it felt completely awkward but totally acceptable. Some people were actually questioned about why they didn't attend the happy hour for at least a little while. Yep, I work at a VERY interesting place :) But the G.uinness was really needed and it really helped the meeting go by faster!

I'm so excited that it's almost the weekend. It feels like it's taken forever to get here. This one will hopefully be spent by lounging by the pool, hanging out with friends and just trying to relax and not have a care in the world. I do feel blessed to be surrounded by such a great group of friends and I can't wait to see them all tomorrow. It's been a long week and I need some down time!

1 comment: