Thursday, June 21, 2007

The new me...

I've finally committed myself to getting back into shape. I've said that in the past but I think I finally have a routine down that I can live with and that I actually like. I've started exercising on a regular basis with my elliptical machine. I love that thing! So, at least 4 times a week I'm aiming to get myself on it for at least 30 minutes. I've also changed my eating habits a bit. I refuse to cut anything out because I don't think I'll ever be successful if I forbid myself to eat something. Moderation is my new favorite way of thinking. It's worked so far and I've lost 3 pounds in a week...so far so good!

Plus it also helps that I've found the perfect music to listen to. I'm sure I will get sick of listening to the same album over and over again but I know the words to all the songs and it's such fun and upbeat music. Plus there are some songs here and there that are slower and it's great to have that up and down tempo on the elliptical. I just change my pace to that of the song and it gives me a great workout. Let's just hope that a) I don't get sick of this album or b) I find a few others that are just as good soon!

The reason why I am so confident this time too is that David has decided to join me on this quest. We both are starting to change our habits and I couldn't be happier. I've already noticed changes in the both of us and I know if we stick with it we will be fit in no time!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like you guys are doing well already with the routine. Now maybe you can come over to my house and inspire Hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 pounds in a week is frickin phenomenal!!

    Congratulations!

    Yay you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 pounds is amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete