Thursday, June 14, 2007

a picture post!

I'm a little bored today so my mind has time to wander. Today it wandered all the way back to 2000. I've been sitting here thinking how great that trip to Australia was. A whole month to do whatever I wanted. Well, whatever we wanted.

Three months into our relationship, David and I decided to travel across the world together. And honestly it was the best decision we could have made. We had a blast. We went there with no real agenda, itinerary or anything. We had a few places we knew we wanted to see and we also had family that we wanted to visit. But that's really it. We flew by the seat of our pants and it was amazing.

So, I decided to go hunting through all of my CD's of images to see if I could have some visual help with my reminiscing. And I found them. Well, some of them anyway.

Aww, he gave me his vest because I was cold :)


You would stay in and drink in your hotel room at night too if you found out your hostel was in the red light district!

Just another day in Sydney.

Being silly on our way to the Blue Mountains.

Lazy little bastards. I was sooo excited to be able to feed kangaroos and they were like 'yeah, whatever, can you just leave me alone so I can sleep?'

David scuba diving with sharks...this aquarium was in a mall...seriously!

Darling Harbour at night was gorgeous!

Ahhh, young and in love :P


What I would give to have a MONTH to take off to do whatever I wanted again. Ah, to be young! Still, I am so thankful that I actually took advantage of that transition after college and before my first full time job. I really don't think there will be a time again like that to take that much time off and travel, well not until at least retirement!

5 comments:

  1. Makes me want to go away on vacation. You two are just too cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found this month long cruise from Sydney all over Asia and the S. Pacific that we're trying to decide if we'd be nuts to try to take two kids on.... a month just sounds so....awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look SO YOUNG!!!!

    Would go back in a SECOND - but only if we flew business or 1st class.

    Playing video games for a whole day in Sydney was great also!!! SEGA WORLD RULES!!!!!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! How did I know you would bring up the video games? :)

    Bri- A cruise with 2 kids...you are a braver woman than me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, Bri----you are CRAZY! :)

    L---so jealous. I would love to have memories like these. You guys look sooo young.

    ReplyDelete