Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I found shoes!

This past weekend was fun. Tiring, but fun. My mom and grandmother came for a visit. On about 2 days notice! We spent the weekend catching up, shopping, going for ice cream, going out to dinner, hanging out on the deck with yummy frozen drinks and doing a lot of gardening. Oh and I witnessed my grandmother chug a strawberry daiquiri. Priceless!

My grandmother is fabulous in the garden so I had her and my mom help me pick out a few new plants for the backyard. I put my grandmother in charge of splitting a few of the thriving plants, moving ones into new locations and planting the new ones. But trust me, she wanted to do all of this, it's not like I forced her. The woman never sits still. 83 years old and still going strong. I love her to pieces. And now, every time I look at my garden I will think of her.


The weekend was so good that I spent most of yesterday in a funk. Every time my mom visits we have a blast no matter what we do. It's like old times again. And I wish we could do that more often. When I think of how often I see her in a year it really makes me sad. So, I spent yesterday feeling depressed. But today I'm better. Seeing her so little really makes me cherish the time we do have to spend together. Trying to make the best of it.

Anyway...you read the title of this post correctly. My mom and I went shopping and I wound up finding a fantabulous pair of shoes. In fact I'm wearing them today. I was also able to find 4 shirts and a pair of pants. I really need to go shopping with my mom more often. I'm never that lucky!

2 comments:

  1. So can your grandmother help me out with my gardening!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, sure! She can come stay with you for a while. But I have to warn you, she'll clean too and put things away and it'll take you months to find them! :)

    ReplyDelete