Thursday, January 11, 2007

buns in the oven...

Did I freak anyone out with that title? Hehe, no it's not what you think!

The other day I came across this ridiculous site that had a woman's fabulous ideas (note sarcasm) on how to tell your husband that you are pregnant. One of her brilliant suggestions was to put a bun in the oven and then go over to your husband and tell him that you think something is wrong with the oven and to go check it out. Apparently she thinks that he would pick up right away that you were pregnant.

I found this quite hysterical and thought to myself that there would be no way David would figure that out if I did that to him. So I asked him about it and he said that it would totally go over his head what I was trying to do and instead, he would get mad at me for making him leave the couch to look at a stupid bun in the oven.

Anyway, fast forward to last night. I was making dinner and I said to David "hey, so I'm putting these buns in the oven..." and I almost fell on the floor laughing. Seriously, I couldn't stop laughing for a good couple of minutes. I had no intention of making any joke at all but it almost had me in tears. David just shook his head and laughed.

It was just perfect timing for that to happen too because earlier we were actually discussing baby names....again, don't get all excited...talking about anything baby related is still like pulling teeth with David :)

6 comments:

  1. Then consider this "not excited" - WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say pulling teeth . . .

    More like swimming to England w/ a 100 lb. weight on your back and your feet tied together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...but Dave! You'll be such a fun and wonderful dad! When you are ready...guys...no pressure...so any time soon you think?....no really no pressure...just...ummm...curious....yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby? Did someone say Baby!!??? I heard it! I did!
    So its January now....could there be a Sept/Oct baby coming? Huh? Come on........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Jaime is taking Bills meds again

    ReplyDelete