Friday, December 15, 2006

TGIF....seriously!

All I want to do right now is crawl into bed and not leave for at least 24 hours. Let's start from the beginning.

Yesterday, while driving home, the ever so friendly check engine light came on in the car. Lovely. I went to the supermarket to pick up some essentials because we have absolutely nothing in the house, since we were gone for 3 weeks. So, I stood in the extremely long line, waited for about 5 minutes while the new cashier tried to find the right potato code to scan in and then proceeded to the parking lot where it took me a good 3-5 minutes just to back out of my parking space. I swear, once people enter that shopping center it's like they forget how to drive!

All during this I feel a cold coming on and it doesn't take too long for it to progress into a full on miserable experience. I got home and went straight to bed. Only came out to have dinner (thanks David!) and watch The Office. After that I took some NyQuil and the rest is a blur :)

Proceed to this morning....I'm feeling even more miserable and contemplated staying home. Nope, can't, because we are short staffed today. Oh well. Since the "good" car had the engine light I figured I'd take the other car this morning. Bad idea. I was about 5 minutes into my morning commute when in stopped dead traffic the car dies. Yep, there I was, in the middle lane of a very busy road, stuck. I freaked out a little but within a few minutes I had the car running again and went home and switched back to the first car. I got into work just fine, a little late but oh well. We'll see how the commute going home goes!

I'm just hoping that things get a little better as the day goes on. I feel like if one more thing goes wrong I'm going to either scream, cry or throw a temper tantrum ;)

1 comment: