Tuesday, December 19, 2006

miserable

I've had some sort of virus for 5 days now. 5 days! And it doesn't seem to be getting any better. In fact, I think today is one of the worst days. I stayed home from work yesterday so that I could finally get my butt to the doctor but that didn't really lead to anything. They took 2 throat cultures and the first one came back negative. I'm still waiting on the results for the second one. I didn't leave the doctors office with any meds though. Just a suggestion from the doctor to take Motrin to keep the swelling in my throat down. Wow, thanks.

But instead of coming home and resting yesterday, after the doctor I went to PetSmart to grab some food for Yoda, and went to the post office to get stamps for all of our christmas cards. Yeah, I had NO idea it was the busiest shipping day of the year until I entered the room and found out that 13 people were ahead of me. I finally made my way home and rested on the couch for about 2 hours. Then I got restless and got up to make 4 batches of cookies.

Yes, I know I'm insane. But I can't seem to sit still when I'm sick. Maybe that's why this damn thing won't go away.

Today I am working from home and I am trying my hardest to stick to the couch. Although I am already entertaining the idea of making more cookies. But I have to go into work tomorrow regardless of how I feel so I will try my hardest to be lazy today.

Good news is that our house finally looks ready for Christmas. Yesterday at this time we only had an artificial tree in the kitchen. Now we have a real tree in the living room, with lights and a few ornaments and most of my Christmas decorations are out. Yay!

Back to being lazy.

1 comment:

  1. If you feel restless, there is a house I know that could use some cookies!!! :)

    Got your Xmas card yesterday---LOVE the picture.

    ReplyDelete