

After the weddings we headed to Coach and Karen’s but I think this is the first time we came away with zero pictures. I blame the exhaustion on that. But it was a lot of fun while we were there. Lots of barbequing, catching up with friends and babies everywhere :)
When we finally made it back to Virginia we headed off to the Barnhart’s for the annual 4th of July bash, which had been going on since Friday. It was so nice to be able to relax for a while in the pool. That was until the thunderstorm from hell hit. It only lasted about 10 minutes but it managed to destroy almost everything in its path. A tree next to the house was struck by lightening and the power went out. But that wasn’t the worst of it. After it settled down a few of us took a little stroll around the neighborhood to assess the damage. There were so many trees knocked over, and I mean literally ripped out of the ground. One unfortunately managed to fall right on top of someone’s house. Luckily everyone was ok but I have never seen so much damage from one storm.
I realized a little later before I went home to feed the pup that I had left the umbrella open on our deck at home. So, I drove home very anxious that I was going to come back to a broken umbrella and table. Well, when I got home, this is what I saw:
Yep, the damn thing flew off the deck and managed to land on the other side of our fence. What I didn’t realize until this morning was that our neighbor had actually put it there because it had flown even further away. Crazy! But all is well because there doesn’t seem to be any damage to the umbrella.
I made my way back to the party right as it was about to get dark. It didn’t take long before the fireworks displays started and just when the boys were about to light the finale the cops showed up. Seriously, we were the tamest yard on the block and we still got hassled by the cops. Oh well, he was cool about it and actually made all of us laugh out loud by calling Bill old. Hehe!
It was a good time! My poor tree though---never thought I would be so attached to trees in my yard!!! :) The house has recovered from the party well.
ReplyDelete