Monday, July 10, 2006

short but great weekend

Even though I had a photo shoot to work on all day Saturday, this weekend turned out to be a great one! We had a couple of friends over on Friday night for dinner and had a really nice time. I even got a weekly tennis partner out of it! Can't wait until Wednesday! When I got back from my shoot on Saturday we went out to Glory Days with friends. And as if a huge dinner wasn't enough, we got DQ afterwards. I can't remember the last time I had a Blizzard and it was so worth it!

Sunday was spent doing things around the house, and I couldn't have been happier. David finally mowed the lawn...or I should say patches of crab grass (hey, it's green at least!) and I finally made my way out to my garden that I've been neglecting lately and weeded and pruned and even tackled other overgrown foliage around the backyard. We did a lot of work outside yesterday and it looks great! I'm not going to dread opening the side gate anymore for fear that neighbors will see how horrible it is back there. Well, at least for a few weeks :)

David and I even managed to have a tasty meal and great conversation on our deck last night as well. It was nice to get away from that dreaded TV for a while and just enjoy each others company.

All in all it was a great summer weekend and thank god, because it was desperately needed!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe it's only Monday - I didn't realize this until I saw the date on this post...why oh why isn't it at least Tuesday???

    ReplyDelete