I wasn't looking forward to this past weekend that much considering we were going to David's fraternity convention in Indianapolis and none of our close friends were going. Which meant, I had no one to hang out with while the boys were in meetings all day. And I was right, it wasn't that much fun to sit around in the hotel room or roam around downtown Indianapolis by myself.Although, I do have to say, it was nice to get away from everyday life and let my brain shut down for a few days. And it wasn't all bad while I was there.
We had dinner with one of David's older fraternity brothers on Friday night. Saturday, during the day I roamed around the city by myself, got some lunch, watched dog agility and frisbee throwing contests in front of one of the museums, and then read a book down by the canal. Saturday night there was the formal banquet and afterwards a bunch of us went to check out the Indy nightlife. And I must say, that town was pretty busy that night! Lots of drunk bride to be's, one of which came up to our group and the lone single guy was forced to suck a lifesaver off of her shirt which read "suck for a buck". Nice. (Oh, and my close friends that are reading this, if you do ANYTHING like this to me before I get married I will never speak to you again!)
So, I guess the weekend wasn't too bad, that was, until we got to the airport on Sunday...
Yesterday we got to the airport at 12:30pm and our flight was supposed to leave at 2:30pm. Long story short, the plane broke before it took off to get to us in Indianapolis. So, we didn't end up taking off until almost 6pm. We could have driven more than half way home by the time we ended up in Dulles. Oh, and we missed the pickup time where Yoda was being boarded so that cost us another night. Had to pick the poor little guy up at 7am today.
Anyway, it was a decent weekend but I'm definitely glad to be back home!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteBTW---What if the plans are already made for "Suck For A Buck" L-style!?!?!? :)
ReplyDeleteBummed that we couldn't hook up on Saturday. We had a "fabulous" time at Ken's company picnic. Blech!
ReplyDeleteSuck for a buck - eh? I heard Jaime already has that and other tricks up her sleeve :P She is a professional planner you know. She has "resources".
I think going away always makes you appreciate your own bed that much more. Yeah, nope can't see you doing the suck for a buck thing. I do know that Jaime does know how to throw one hell of a bachelorette party though! I wish you the best of luck! ;-)
ReplyDelete