So, I've been back and forth through e-mails and the phone about my new job today. I officially start on the 22nd but I go in the week before for 2 days to do a little training and get all the paperwork out of the way.
This is the job that I first interviewed with back when I was still at my old job. Turns out that a lot of people I knew through my last job were interviewing for this position as well.
And the funny thing is, the guy that I used to work with on my team at my old job, who coincidentally sat in the cube next to me, got the other position. So we will be working together again. It'll be nice to know someone when I get there.
Overall I'm super excited about this job. However, it does come with some bad news. It's not a staff position. I'll essentially be a contractor. So, that means no real paid time off. Which throws a wrench into some future plans. But there is the possibility of it turning into a staff position. So, keep your fingers crossed for me. But honestly, I'm just happy I got this job. It's the one that I really wanted and I'm so proud of myself for getting through some grueling questioning in my second interview.
Thanks for your comments in the post below, they made me smile :)
You should be proud of yourself! That's really exciting about your co-worker. Congrats again L!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is great news.
ReplyDelete