It's been a little while since I've posted. I kind of forgot about this little blog :)
Christmas was great. We were able to see a lot of family and even made it back to our house to have Christmas morning in our own home by ourselves. It was one of the best Christmas day's I've had in years. And nothing really out of the ordinary happened. But it was great to just spend a nice lazy day together just eating, watching TV and snuggling.
Now for the reason why I'm posting today.
This morning I received a very unexpected phone call. It was from the pug rescue. Turns out a pug just came in that apparently would be a perfect fit for us. And I really trust them this time. What happened with Chewy was heartbreaking and I know that they wouldn't think of us for a pug unless they were absolutely sure it would be a good match.
Well, obviously we won't know if it's a match until Yoda meets her but her temperment and everything is exactly what we are looking for. We know her entire background and that's something we didn't know with Chewy. She is crate trained and housebroken. And she just turned 1. Still young enough to be a puppy but old enough to know a few basic things like it's not a good idea to pee in the house :)
We are both trying to not get our hopes up but we have yet to hear something that raises a red flag. We get to meet her tomorrow. It should be an interesting day. Lots of dogs will be there to run around and play together. I can't wait! And if all goes well, we will come home with her.
Oh one last thing, her name is Brooklyn. Yeah, after hearing that I knew that she belongs with us :)

That HAS to be fate!!1
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed and welcome home :)