So, remember that other big news I vaguely talked about in previous posts? Well, here it is. I decided to give my notice at work today.
It was an incredibly hard decision but it's what's best for me. I have some leads, and I have some good ones thanks to the people in my department. I was overwhelmed when my manager said she would contact someone at a very big company on my behalf and that she would definitely like to be reference when I apply to other jobs.
Honestly, this couldn't have gone better. I did not expect the level of respect I am getting. Just goes to show you that I really did work at a fantastic company with incredible people. The reason I'm leaving such a great place is that it's changing, and not in the direction that everyone wants it to. And no one can stop it. I can't do the work I did for 4 years anymore and I can't do the work that I was told I needed to do moving forward.
So, there you have it. My only option was to move on. And I have no regrets. Something in my gut is telling me now is the time for the next step. So, I'm listening.
Should be an interesting journey ahead. I'm sure I'll have some stories, or at least a few venting posts soon :)
Wish me luck!
I'm so sorry your company isn't moving in the direction you want it to. I know you absolutely love what you do. and I know you'll love doing it somewhere you're happy to be.
ReplyDelete:)
Raising my NA Strawberry Daiquiri to tough decisions and moving forward! Cheers girlfriend.
I'm hoping you won't need any, but I'll wish you luck anyway! Good luck, L. I hope a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy it went well!
ReplyDeleteWOW---good luck in the new search! You are incredibly talented and I am sure you will find something better soon.
ReplyDelete