This weekend was a lot of fun. I had my ribbon tying party which was just an excuse to get all of the girls together for some wine and conversation...and a little manual labor :)
My sister and cousin made the trip down as well so it was definitely a memorable weekend. I was also able to go visit little Dylan on Sunday, finally! He is absolutely precious and I got to hold him for about an hour while he slept, so sweet!
I really needed a girls weekend to help calm me down. Things have been getting a bit more hectic as far as wedding planning goes and I'm so close to that point where I just don't care what happens anymore. Meaning I don't care about any family bickering. It's so clear to me that you can't please everybody and in the end I'm the one that ends up a mess. I told David this morning that I feel like I'm getting an ulcer, I hope I'm wrong. All I keep trying to do when the families start butting heads is think about those 8 days in paradise where David and I won't have to deal with any stress, unless you count figuring out what drink you want next stress.
The silver lining in all of this wedding planning mess is that I can see David and I have such an incredibly strong relationship. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done without his voice of reason and support through all of this. It really has gotten out of hands at times and I think that he and I handle the situations so well together. Of course we don't see eye to eye on things sometimes but we've been able to work it out. If we can get through this, we can get through anything and that thought also helps me get through the craziness that families always seem to be able to provide!
I love when I get to the "I Just DOnt Care" point when planning an event----thats when I actually start doing what I want to do and the event turns out perfect. It will be the same for you!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for the big day. And honestly we are more excited about seeing everyone all in one place for more than an hour than anything else. And once the families get there, it'll be the same for them. And if its not? Well, its still YOUR day.
ReplyDelete