My manager's last day is today. From the moment I woke up today, I didn't want to come in to work. Change sucks and this is a HUGE change. My manager is the reason I am at this company. She's a great person and was always there for her team. Always receptive and always recognized when we did a good job. I'm going to miss her an awful lot.
Tomorrow is going to be so incredibly odd. I know it may sound as if I'm overreacting but it's hard for people to understand how great we have it here. We just got back from having cake, yes cake! See what they do for people even when they are voluntarily leaving the company?! My manager was asked to make a speech before she cut the cake. She got out "I really am going to miss you guys" and then started crying. Honestly, I'm sure there are people that leave this company feeling "thank god I'm out of there". But this team is different. We are an incredibly close knit team and almost everyone feels like a friend. And there are 50 of us.
Going through today has given me a lot of perspective though. There are days when I think I'm not in the right place and I don't feel I belong here anymore and then there are days like today. When I feel like I am so incredibly grateful to have found this place where people actually care about what they do and the people that they work with. However, I am really sad to be losing someone that I respect and who basically was a mentor.
Bittersweet because I'm losing someone I admire greatly but today has made me realize what a great job I have. Yeah, it can be corporate bullsh*t a lot of the time but the good things outweigh the bad.
So, today is a sad ending but tomorrow a whole new adventure begins. Should be a long and bumpy ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment