I'm traveling up to PA tonight for my "surprise" bridal shower this weekend. Yeah, I sort of figured it out by accident a week or two ago when I was going through all the weekends I had left before the wedding. This was the only one that I didn't have something planned and my mom just happened to invite me up to help her shop for her dress. So, the cat's out of the bag ;)
But I still don't know where it is being held or who is going to be there. So, that in itself will be a huge surprise anyway. So, I won't need to fake a surprised reaction, because I'm sure when I see who's there, that face will come naturally.
I'm excited but anxious at the same time, though. Honestly, a few days ago I was dreading this because I'm not the best at dealing with social situations like that, especially when all the focus is on me. I'm not the center of attention type of person so that aspect still terrifies me a bit. But I'll have a few drinks and I'll be good to go ;) And I know what you are thinking, "if you think this is a big deal, wait until your wedding day". Don't remind me. Looks like I'll have to down a few mimosas that day as well!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a few people show up that I haven't seen in a while. Specifically 2 of my bridesmaids. I know they have to travel far so if they aren't there I completely understand but I really want to see them and it will be so much more fun with them there!
So, anyway, I'm taking the big car because I hear that there will be about 50 people going. Eeeeek, 50 people!? So, I'll need the space to bring all the goodies home. I still have no idea where the hell we're going to put all of that stuff, considering it looks like a wedding bomb blew up in our house right now! But I do know that I will have an awesome time going through it all...presents, yay!
So, wish me luck :)
I was invited, but can't make it. I'm there in spirit, and can't wait to hear how it all goes!
ReplyDelete