So, the whole company was informed not too long ago that we all needed to get our badges updated so that all of them looked the same. Whoo hoo, conformity! Anyway, the deadline for this was the 27th of last month. I updated my badge about a month ago. So, this morning I made it through the gate just fine, but when I came to the doors of my building it wouldn't let me in. So, I had to be the stupid person that stands there and waits for someone else to come and open it. I didn't think much of it. Just thought the door was being glitchy, which sometimes happens. So, a couple of hours ago I had to go to a meeting in another building across campus and it did it again!! Grr, so this time the woman that helps me through is like "did you not get your badge updated?" Hi, like I'm stupid like that. I wanted to say something along those lines but decided against it and just calmly showed her that I did in fact have my new badge. I went to the security desk to figure out what the hell was wrong and it turns out I was on the 'non compliance' list! Stupid people had me down as someone without a new badge! Dumbasses. So, anyway, she took care of it and 5 minutes later I was happily on my way to my meeting. It just drives me crazy when things like that happen.
That's my exciting news for the day :)
That happens here all the time. Or whenever I leave my badge on the table at home. Maybe my next job wont have badges!! We can dream right?! :)
ReplyDeleteA badge free world...hmm, I don't think that will happen anytime soon! I am amazed though at how secure this place is...drives me crazy, but I guess for some reason it's necessary ;)
ReplyDeleteI am pretty "locked down" here too! Bill likes to say "If work were meant to be fun, we wouldnt have to pay you to be here". I think we could admend it to say "If work were meant to be fun, we wouldn't have to lock you in all day long!". :)
ReplyDeletewow. I like not having to report to anyone or be tracked. I mean I have a boss, but she does her own thing. We kind of have this understanding: I was brought here to make here life easier. As long as I deal with all of the issues and she doesn't have to intervene, I can pretty much run the show. possibly a benefit of working at a small business. On the subject of badges, getting into the parking garage and into the office after hours are pretty much my only badge needs. But who wants to be at the office off-hours, anyway?
ReplyDelete- kb