Thursday, February 02, 2006

Is it Spring?

It sure doesn't feel like it outside but this morning I swear, all the animals in my neighborhood think it is. I was outside walking Yoda and there were so many birds chirping, even 2 that seemed to be communicating to each other. They did the same exact call back and forth for at least the 10 minutes I was out there. And then when I went to my car, I heard a very loud woodpecker trying to make his way through one of the dead trees nearby. As I pulled away, I came across at least 10 squirrels playing around in the grass. It's the little things in life that can get to me sometimes, especially when it involves nature, and this whole thing just made me feel so calm and peaceful and put a huge smile on my face. And that is quite an accomplishment, at least this week anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Funny that you write about spring this morning! Check out my entry for today----you will get a laugh out of the irony between our posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's too funny. So weird that I didn't even think to mention Groundhog's Day in my post. I had just heard that he saw his shadow about 5 minutes before I took Yoda out...my short term memory is shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about the small things. There was a moment this morning that Pedro army crawled his way down the couch and plopped his head on my arm while I'm using the laptop. So funny and it warmed my heart. I have no complaints about six more weeks of winter, it's been in the sixties all week! I'm dreading the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, I LOVE moments like that with Yoda...sometimes he's just so damn cute I can't stand it :) Hope the job hunting is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited! I'm going to Vegas! Just had to share my excitement!

    ReplyDelete