Thursday, February 16, 2006

Just a vent...

Ever reach that point with some long distance friends where you realize if you never e-mailed them then you wouldn't really have a friendship? I have 2 friends now that I realized are not worth my time anymore. They never e-mail me out of the blue, I always seem to be the one to do it. It just isn't worth it anymore. If they don't have the time for me why should I bother? So, I've made a decision to stop sending the "hey, how are you doing, haven't heard from you in a while" e-mails. I actually made this decision a few weeks ago and still haven't received any e-mails from the 2 in question. So, maybe it's better to just say goodbye and move on. I don't really want to do this because I was good friends with them in college but I sort of feel like this is one sided. Like I care enough about them to keep e-mailing them but they don't ever write to me unless it's a reply to my original e-mail. So, here I am saying goodbye to them. If they e-mail me in the future that's fine, I'll respond but if not, I refuse to go chasing after them anymore. Does this happen to anyone else? (I'm not really sure who I'm asking this question to, since I know there are only a few people that read this blog, but even if you are just a passerby, respond...I'd like to know if I'm the only one that has gone through this).

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone! I have friends like that as well and it stinks but unfortuately it happens. I have found, though, that when I say good bye to one friendship, another will come along. Doesnt replace it but in some ways it does!

    Up for some retail therapy this weekend? Girls trip to IKEA is in the works for Sunday!

    ReplyDelete