I was driving home from work yesterday and I stopped off to get the mail. In the background I heard kids laughing. It was about 60 degrees out so it wasn't that much of a shock that kids wanted to get out of the house and play. I kinda had a feeling that David was probably involved in all of this. So, after I got the mail I got back in the car and drove around our street and when I made the turn to go to the house, there was David, playing with about 8 kids from the neighborhood. So cute! When I pulled up, one of the parents of the kids was out there as well. We've become pretty good friends with him and his wife. So, I stood there and talked with him for a little bit while watching David have a blast playing football with the kids. I quickly went inside, got Yoda and made my way back outside and we all just hung out together. At one point I also received a sympathy card from one of the neighbors. I just love that we live on such a friendly street. It makes me feel so good to know that if there was any type of emergency, David and I would have at least 4 houses to run to and they would do anything they could to help us, and vice versa. I'm just very grateful for the wonderful people that surround us. Moving into this house was one of the best decisions we've ever made.
Friday, February 17, 2006
I love my neighborhood :)
I was driving home from work yesterday and I stopped off to get the mail. In the background I heard kids laughing. It was about 60 degrees out so it wasn't that much of a shock that kids wanted to get out of the house and play. I kinda had a feeling that David was probably involved in all of this. So, after I got the mail I got back in the car and drove around our street and when I made the turn to go to the house, there was David, playing with about 8 kids from the neighborhood. So cute! When I pulled up, one of the parents of the kids was out there as well. We've become pretty good friends with him and his wife. So, I stood there and talked with him for a little bit while watching David have a blast playing football with the kids. I quickly went inside, got Yoda and made my way back outside and we all just hung out together. At one point I also received a sympathy card from one of the neighbors. I just love that we live on such a friendly street. It makes me feel so good to know that if there was any type of emergency, David and I would have at least 4 houses to run to and they would do anything they could to help us, and vice versa. I'm just very grateful for the wonderful people that surround us. Moving into this house was one of the best decisions we've ever made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It really is a great neighborhood isnt it? I loved growing up there and wish we had that same kind of feeling around our street.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, last night I had a huge smile on my face. It really is a wonderful street that David and I live on. Couldn't ask for better neighbors :)
ReplyDelete