Sunday, July 01, 2012

a night I won't soon forget

A nasty storm ripped through our area on Friday leaving a trail of destruction behind.  We were incredibly blessed and only had the lights flicker a few times with no damage outside.  Many in the area weren't so fortunate and could still be powerless until next weekend.  Bad timing too because we are in the middle of a heat wave.

Saturday, David and I had tickets to see my favorite band in concert.  The band posted on FB a few hours before the concert letting fans know that the venue was still without power.  Most bands at this point would have just cancelled/postponed the show...not Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers!  They informed everyone that they were doing all they could to try and set up in the parking lot using the generator from their bus to make it a real rock show outside instead. They succeeded...












Thanks to a band that really cares about their fans and the employees of The State Theatre everyone was treated to a memorable time with some great music.  It was blazing hot but everyone was smiling, dancing and singing until 10pm, silly noise ordinance! This is truly a band that values their fans.  I highly recommend checking out their music.  I love these guys.  Here's to life!



No comments:

Post a Comment